Tax Litigation and Dispute Resolution
As one of Canada's leading tax law practices, we provide innovative tax solutions. A number of our lawyers are also Chartered Accountants, many have worked in government and tax departments of international accounting firms and are active in professional bodies.
We help clients defend their tax positions in the face of an audit. Our litigation advice is client-centric, allowing them to benefit from our comprehensive, creative, reliable and practical approach to tax litigation.
Clients approach us with a diverse range of objectives. We tailor our litigation strategy to meet their objectives and provide a cost-benefit analysis to the appeal process.
As seasoned tax litigators we have extensive experience defending clients facing:
- Domestic and international audits
- Assessments, enquiries, Requests, Requirements
- Gross negligence penalties
- Director's liability
- Net Worth Assessments
- Voluntary disclosures, Taxpayer Relief applications
- Transfer pricing audits
- Tax Court litigation, appeals and negotiations with CRA at the Audit and Appeals levels
- Cross-border tax treaty and information exchange
- Employee versus self-employed determinations.